Join us as a Content Marketer and use your creativity and storytelling ability to drive the growth of a human centric brand that's dedicated to bringing inspiration and joy to our community.
You will lead our content marketing efforts, working with the Marketing Director and Creative Director to develop strategies for community and revenue growth from content before executing and iterating on them yourself.
You will get to meet the audience for your content in real life as the community you have fostered comes together each year at our annual events.
You have access to a wealth of interesting people, rousing performances, expert leaders and beautiful locations to use for your content during these events.
We are committed to your growth too. Our supportive team champions continuous learning and we will invest in your skills so you can experiment, refine, and master your craft.
Wildkind is primarily an events business with two market leading outdoor events; Camp Wildfire and Camp Kindling. Founded in 2015 and growing rapidly, we aim to take our unique events worldwide to inspire, challenge and entertain over 1 million customers.
To spark curiosity, encourage endeavour and create joy.
WeWe are ambitious and hard working. We have a supportive, growth focussed working culture and will invest in education and experimentation to push the boundaries of your abilities. We champion diverse skill sets, perspectives and discussion; everyone is encouraged to be themselves and input into the organisation and work at all levels. We care deeply about our work having a positive impact on our customers, colleagues, communities and the environment. We promote creativity and adventure in everything we do. You can read more about our culture and values here.
Salary: £34,000 to £41,000 per year depending on experience
Social: Monthly adventures/parties with your team
Health: £500 per year for your physical/mental health
Education: £1000 per year for your learning and development
Annual Leave: 30 days (including public holidays)
Location: Hybrid (Min 2 days per week in London Office)
Hours: 40hrs per week (10:00-18:00 GMT/BST but some flexibility possible)
Start Date: Jan-Mar 2023
Application Deadline: Midnight on 30th Nov 2023
Drive strong results from organic social media, community groups, email marketing and owned media channels, so as to reduce the amount spent on paid media each year. Own the strategy, create the content and analyse performance. Tell engaging stories across a range of formats and channels, continually testing new ideas to uncover growth opportunities. Build relationships with our community and partners, leveraging them for content creation and distribution. Work with media buyers on content strategy and creation for paid ads.
- Increase returns from our existing organic content marketing channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, Email, SMS)
- Analyse and prioritise the opportunities available for community driven marketing and create a community marketing strategy.
- Support paid media marketing with content analysis, strategy, creation and iteration to drive higher engagement and ROI.
- Build a network of content and community marketing partners (eg Influencers, Bloggers, Brands) and implement a relationship management system.
- Build new owned media channels (eg. Blogs, Youtube, Newsletters, Podcasts) to reduce our reliance on paid media
As a company we focus on objectives and results, with individuals driving the decisions on the best ways to achieve them. We have included this list of responsibilities to give you an idea of the starting point for this position; the exact responsibilities will develop under your leadership.
- Strategy: Produce and own a content and community marketing strategy covering the ideation, creation, distribution, and analysis of marketing activity.
- Project Management: Manage the marketing calendar and pipelines to ensure that there is a steady stream of high-quality content being produced and published, tracking the performance and making adjustments as needed.
- Content Creation: Create a range of content types using your own writing, editing, photography, and videography skills. This includes social media posts, email campaigns, blog posts, website pages and more.
- Content Producers: Project manage the delivery of additional content from freelancers and agencies if required
- Partnerships: Build partnerships and manage relationships with influencers, other brands, artists, leaders, community champions to grow our community and brand presence within relevant markets.
- Community Management: Manage our online communities including creating and moderating forums, discussion boards, and social media groups. Be an advocate for the community and share insights with the team.
- Event Content Capture: Manage content capture onsite at events, working with videographers, photographers, influencers and attendees to capture content that can be used for marketing purposes.
- Content Library: Manage our content library; organising, storing, and retrieving content as needed to ensure it is easily usable by the whole company.
- Marketing Insights: Analyse the success of content and community marketing efforts. This includes tracking metrics such as website traffic, social media engagement, and purchase data to determine the effectiveness of your work and others.
- Depth of Knowledge: 4+ years experience working in content marketing roles
- Social Media: Proven ability to create and execute social media content marketing strategies to drive community and revenue growth. Deep knowledge of developing social media trends and platform developments.
- Email & SMS Marketing: Proven ability to create and execute email & SMS marketing strategy to drive engagement and revenue. Experience with single-send and automated emails using Omnisend or similar email software.
- Content Creation: Excellent content creation skills and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, Express) or similar creative software.
- Copywriting: Exceptional copywriting skills, with a harmonious blend of engagement, actionable prompts, keyword inclusion, and brand voice alignment.
- Owned Media: Experience building and managing owned media channels (eg podcast, blog, youtube) and syndicating content across other channels.
- Community Moderation: Experience moderating online communities to keep them engaging, positive and safe places.
- Project & Calendar Management: Experience working with multiple stakeholders and contributors to keep marketing calendars and projects on track.
- Quality Control: an excellent eye for detail and ability to ensure all content is high quality and on-brand with examples to share.
- Analytical Insights: Experience using insights from Google Analytics and other analytics platforms to inform content strategy and drive enhanced results.
We are looking for team members who are interested in a long term career with Wildkind, and want to learn and grow with us. If you think you could achieve the goals set out in this role and would enjoy the work we do, we encourage you to apply regardless of your background. We have an extensive interview process which includes completing tasks and getting to know your potential colleagues, that will allow you to experience our culture first hand. We will request positive references from your past employers to support anything you tell us about your experience.
We only accept applications via the form on our website, please do not send applications by post or email as they will not be considered.